I am just feeling so out of it today. I’m sitting at work with a heating pad on my stomach wishing the day would just end. Wouldn’t it be fair if we could all just go to a spa on the first day of our menstrual cycles and get pampered all day? This isn’t only good for us, but for those around us that have to deal with our anger due to the war going on inside of us. I see it as this… we go to the spa, get manicures, pedicures and massages to try to ease the first day pains. We at least deserve this much! Oh, and we get paid still for our little monthly day off. Maybe I’m thinking too crazy but at this moment that’s how I’m feeling. I need my bed, my boyfriend and some trashy television.
A few home remedies to alleviate your cramps:
- Eat citrus fruits and red meat which are both high in vitamin C. This helps absorb the iron in your body.
- Take a long hot shower and let the water hit your tummy. Or use gentle heat from a heating pad like I’m doing today!
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on your foods. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties that can cause relief.
- Drink some chamomile tea to calm your body and mind.
- Put some peppermint or mint in your tea.
- Crush some ginger and put it in your tea. Make sure not to use too much because it can create heat in your body.
Hope you all have a good day, and if you’re also going through the first day pains… stick it out girl! We feel your pain.
*Sorry to the men who read this 🙂