Thanks to Gene’O I have been nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award!
This really means a lot to me since I love when anyone takes the time out to read my posts and appreciate what I have to say. For any aspiring writer, any positive feedback is truly a blessing and it just makes me want to keep moving forward with my writing. The rules say I must share seven things about myself, so here it goes!
1. I have lived on Long Island (NY) my whole life but I have intense dreams of leaving here due to its expensive living costs. The only thing I would miss is being one hour away from New York City, which is just a train ride away and being close to the water. A lot of people travel hours just to get to the beach, me? I drive less than 10 minutes and I’m there. I’m literally surrounded by the water on all sides.
2. I just turned 24 in September and I’m scared to turn 25 next year. This is a transitioning time in my life and although it is exciting, it is a little nerve wracking as well. A lot of things are not the way you think they will be when you turn 24, just have to learn to go with the flow and that everything happens for a reason.
3. I deal with nostalgic episodes probably everyday, mostly about my childhood. I think this happens because things have changed so much since then and I am trying to find ways to deal with those changes.
4. One of my ways of dealing with changes is to write. I don’t always share what I write due to it being very personal but I love how the people of Word Press are so welcoming and non-judgmental. Sometimes it feels better to share things because you never know who is going through some of the same things you are.
5. I’ve enjoyed writing since I was little, always keeping a diary or journal. I love spelling and get annoyed when I find things spelt wrong in books, magazines, etc. It’s just a pet peeve of mine. I was supposed to be in the spelling bee in middle school, but was too shy to go on stage so I never went through with it. (Now, I wish I had done it!) I’m so passionate about writing that I recently got this tattoo:
6. I’m obsessed with houses. Is that weird? I always have been and I’m constantly searching for houses in different places just to see what the prices are and if I could see myself there when I’m older. My dream home WILL have an amazing front porch, a claw foot bath tub and a cute office for me to write in of course!
7. One last thing, I almost lost my youngest brother last March in a fight that happened on my front lawn. I tried my best to protect him as his older sister, but I have to keep telling myself that what happened has made us both stronger. People have no idea what can happen today, tomorrow, next week… and most don’t get a warning. Appreciate the ones you love because they won’t be around forever.
The second part of this is nominations! I have only been blogging since October but I have come across a couple of blogs I really enjoy and find to be inspiring.
My seven nominations include: (in no specific order)
From what I have read about the award, if you are nominated and accept it – you must link back to the blog who nominated you, share seven things about yourself and nominate seven bloggers of your own including ones that you find interesting and inspiring. 🙂