Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with friends and family by adding these delicious margarita recipes to the party menu!
Cinco de Mayo is a well known celebration held on May 5th and commemorates the Mexicans’ victory over the invading French back in the 1800’s. The holiday is approaching which means party plans are underway!
Make your Cinco de Mayo celebration a festive one by including a few different types of margarita recipes. Having a variety of flavors is a great idea so all your guests can be left satisfied! Along with delicious Mexican foods, vibrant colors and fun music, margaritas are a popular part of the Cinco de Mayo traditions.
Classic Lime Margarita
You can’t go wrong with a Classic Lime Margarita! Every ideal Cinco de Mayo celebration must have these traditional drinks that will have your guest’s begging for more!
- 12-oz. can of frozen limeade concentrate
- ¾ cup gold tequila
- 1.2 Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 4 cups of ice
- Coarse salt or sugar
1. Place limeade concentrate, tequila and Cointreau in a blender. Cover and blend to combine.
2. Add ice cubes gradually through the opening in the blender’s lid until the mixture becomes slushy.
3. Rim each glass with a lime wedge and dip into a shallow dish of salt or sugar.
Enjoy this fruity margarita for a unique taste that your party will absolutely love!
- 1-1 ½ cups of tequila
- 1-1 ½ cups of Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
- ¾ cups of blackberry brandy (optional)
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup of superfine sugar or powdered sugar
- 16-oz. package frozen unsweetened blackberries, thawed
- Fresh blackberries
- Salt or sugar
1. Combine tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
2. If desired, replace half of the Triple Sec with blackberry brandy.
3. Chill until ready to serve.
4. Place the package of blackberries in a blender, cover and blend until smooth.
5. If desired, strain to remove the seeds.
6. Add blended fruit to tequila mixture then pour over ice cubes and garnish with fresh blackberries.
7. Rim each glass with a lime wedge and add salt or sugar around the rim, if desired.
Add an unexpected twist to your margaritas this year by adding some sparkling wine or champagne for a unique taste!
- 1 cup blanco (white) tequila
- 2/3 cup of lime juice
- 1/3 cup of agave nectar
- 1-1/2 cups sparkling wine or champagne
- Lime peel strips or thin lime slices
- Salt or sugar
1. Combine half of the tequila, lime juice and agave nectar in a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice.
2. Shake for 5 seconds and strain the mixture into three glasses.
3. Repeat with remaining tequila, lime juice and agave nectar.
4. Top each serving with sparkling wine and add a lime strip for taste.
5. Rim each glass with a lime wedge and add salt or sugar around the rim, if desired.
A drink that all pomegranate lovers will enjoy! Your guests are sure to ask for the recipe after they try it out!
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice, plus seeds for garnish
- 1/3 cup Tequila Blanco
- 1/8 cup Triple Sec
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 12 ounces of ice cubes
- Salt or sugar
1. Combine all ingredients, except salt, in a blender and blend until combined.
2. Rim each glass with a lime wedge then dip in salt or sugar (whichever you prefer)
3. Drop some fresh pomegranate seeds in the bottom of the glass and pour margarita mix over the top.
Passion Fruit Margarita
Just the sound of this yummy drink can leave your friends wanting more! Add some passion fruit nectar for the perfect taste.
- 1 cup of tequila
- 1 cup passion fruit nectar
- ¼ cup of orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
1. Combine the tequila, passion fruit nectar, liqueur, sugar and salt into a cocktail shaker.
2. Shake well then pour into glasses filled with crushed ice.
3. Rim each glass with a lime wedge and add salt or sugar around the rim, if desired.
These delicious margarita recipes are sure to be a hit at any Cinco de Mayo celebration! The fun doesn’t have to stop there either; these recipes are wonderful for any party and can be a great summer time drink while relaxing in the sun!
3 thoughts on “Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with these Mouth-Watering Margarita Recipes”
They all sound great! Will definitely have to try some out 🙂
Thanks! Don’t they? 🙂