Office jobs can be busy at times but can also make the day drag when there’s not much to do. I’ve worked in an office setting for over five years, at three different places. One is a real estate office, the other a tent company and the job I am at now, LongIsland.com. They all have had their fair share of boring and busy days so here are a few things I do to keep busy:
1. Listen to music. It effects your mood and helps you focus on something other than the clock.
2. Get up and stretch. If you’re anything like me, your neck and shoulders KILL after a full day of sitting at the computer. Try to get up as often as you can to stretch or even do some stretches while sitting down.
3. Snack on healthy foods. People tend to eat when they’re bored or if they’re sitting in front of the tv. This goes for those sitting at a computer too. Snacking will help time go by just like it does at home. Try to snack every 3 hours (on healthy foods!) My favorites are grapes, clementines or baby carrots with ranch dressing.
4. Try to get fresh air on your break, even if it’s only for a couple of minutes. If it’s a nice day it can positively effect your mood and wake you up a bit if you’re feeling sluggish. The cold weather isn’t as nice but it also helps wakes you up and revives you to finish the rest of your day.
5. If you have a ton of down time and your boss is alright with it… get some personal stuff done. Whether it’s putting together your grocery list or looking up flights for your next trip. It’s sometimes hard to get everything done in one day so down time at work can be the perfect time for this.
6. Last one is the most important. Keep a positive attitude. If you’re in a bad mood and hanging on every negative thought, your day is going to go slower. I’ve come to realize this… when I dwell on the day going slow, it does go slow. If I start out the day saying that it won’t be that bad, it goes a little bit faster.
Have a good rest of the day Word Press. I now have less than an hour left of work. 😉